I spent last weekend down in California. I met up with Alex in SF and went to a fundraiser bar-night for her group of nurses going to Guatemala. The next day I met up with Mom and Sara and hit the Sonoma film festival. The first film Venezzia, was crap. Basically a 2 hour Mexican soap. Same awkward unnatural lighting. Same fake, try to build drama, pauses. But the next two were good. Fat-Sick-and-nearly-dead was a good documentary about some guy losing weight by eating only fruits and veggie smoothies and the last film snow and ash?? (I think) was really good. About a war journalist with amnesia, trying to remember what happened to his friend who didnt return with him.
Overall great weekend. Good to spend some time with Alex and Mom. But, as always, forgot to bring a camera..... Now onto finals. So dont expect to hear much from me in a month....
No comments:
Post a Comment